Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Carpy Offerings

Since I have started fly fishing I have hooked only a few carp on the fly and all of the instances were flukes. The very first time ever casting a fly rod I hooked a 4-5lb carp out of a pond on a size 10 wooly worm and having never fought a large fish on the fly before promptly broke it off. After the first few encounters with theses fish on the fly I started to target them and tie flies specifically for them. I have yet to actually land one of these mud donkeys as my friend likes to call them, but I am hoping 2014 brings me lots of luck in the angling department.

Here are some of the offerings I have started to tie for targeting carp, here is to hoping they are effective! I have posted pictures of the patterns I have tied along with a link to the FlyCarpin.com website that lists materials and in some cases offers tying videos.















 Crayfish variant for carp.



No comments:

Post a Comment